We look forward to meeting you on your first visit to our office. During this time, we will help you get acquainted with our office and learn about your orthodontic treatment. We understand that each patient’s orthodontic treatment is different, and we promise to give you the personal attention you deserve. Your first orthodontic visit will consist of a panoramic X-ray, a digital face photo, and an examination by Dr. Littlejohn followed by a discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will address your orthodontic needs to determine if this is the proper time to begin treatment.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.